This scheme aims to facilitate mobility of faculty members working in a regular capacity in State Universities / Colleges and in private Academic Institutions to carry out research work in an established public funded institution such as IITs, IISc, IISERS, National Institutions (NITs, CSIR, ICAR, ICMR labs and other central institutions) and Central Universities. located nearer to the institution where the faculty member is working. The duration of the Mobility Scheme not exceeding three years covering areas under Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences & Mathematical Sciences, including interdisciplinary areas.
Call for the proposals will be made once in a year (September) and a maximum of 500 awards per year will be granted covering all the subject areas. Research fellowship of Rs. 60,000/- per year (in addition to the researchers own salary) will be provided subject to completion of mandatory 90 days attendance per year in the host institution. Research grant of Rs5lakhs per annum (50% each to host and parent institution) and overheads (as per SERB norms) will be provided as part of the support.
Research grant will be distributed between both the parent and host institution so as that the selected candidate will be able to continue the research work assigned by the mentor in the parent institute also during the rest of the period. Research work will be carried out in such a manner to ensure that PI continue to work in the host institute as well as his / her parent institute on mutually agreed terms between the PI and Mentor.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen residing in India.
- Should hold Ph.D. degree in Science or MS / MD in Medicine or M.E. / M.Tech. in Engineering / Technology.
- The applicant(s) must hold a regular academic / research position in State Universities/ Colleges and private Academic Institutions.
- Candidates should not hold any ongoing research projects or any fellowship at the time of submission of application.
- The upper age limit for the award is 45 years at the time of the submission of application. Age relaxation of 5 (five) years will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged & Women candidates.
- Mentor should be preferably at the level of Associate Professor / Scientist E.
- The funding will be provided normally for a period of three years.
- Research fellowship of Rs. 60,000/- per year (in addition to the researchers own salary) will be provided subject to completion of mandatory 90 days attendance per year in the host institution. Research grant of Rs. 5 lakhs per annum (50% each to host and parent institution) and overheads will be provided as per SERB norms as part of the support.
- The call for proposals will be notified through the website www.serbonline.in and www.serb.gov.in
- The proposals will be evaluated through peer review processes as per SERB guidelines.
For successful online submission of the application the following points may be noted:
- Applicant(s) should first register into the online website. click here to register
- After log-in, applicant(s) are required to fill all the mandatory fields in Profile Detail section under User Profile. which includes Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address etc.
- Summary of the project proposal; Project Title (max 500 characters), Abstract of the proposed work (max 3000 characters), Keywords (max 6), Objectives of project (max 1500 characters), Expected output and outcome of the proposal (max 1500 characters), have to be entered at the time of proposal submission.
- Other relevant information of the proposal must be uploaded in single PDF file not more than 10 MB as other technical document (OTD).Download Template
- Documents required (in PDF) should be in prescribed format:
- Biodata of the applicant (under user profile section)
- Other technical details of the proposal Download Template
- Certificate from the Investigator Download Template
- Endorsement certificate from the Head of Parent Institution Download Template
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of host Institution Download Template
- CV of the Mentor Download Template
- Category certificate
- Age proof certificate
- Joining report Download Template
- Mandatory 90 days attendance certificate by the end of the financial year Download Template
Q1: I am from a regular staff from the Central University can I apply for the programme. ?
A1: This programme is meant only for the staff of State Universities/ Colleges/ Academic Institutions in private sectors.
Q2: I am holding an ECR project, can I apply for mobility scheme?
A2: No. Candidates having any ongoing research projects or any fellowship are not eligible for mobility scheme. .
Q3: Can I have a Co-Investigator for my Mobility scheme award. ?
A3: No Co-PIs are allowed under this scheme.